Sunday 4 July 2010

This week...

i've been a bit slack with the whole blogging thing for a few weeks. i guess because even though i know that this is supposed to help organise and express my thoughts, i also think sometimes that when you write and express negativity, it often compounds itself. i'm a believer in the 'power of positive thought', and although i have periods in my life where i lose my 'faith' or, it wains a bit, a believer i remain.

The week before last, i was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, a chronic pain condition that i've having the symptoms of for a few years and have been fighting for a diagnosis so i could get back to managing my life. The rheumatologist is putting it down to some past trauma, such as the car accident i had in 1997, or domestic violence in 2002, or even child-birth. No-one really knows what causes it, and as Master has pointed out, i don't fit the typical stereotype of this condition, but it seems i have it all the same. So now, it's simply a question of managing the pain in the long term, and getting back to some form of exercise regime, which will help with the fatigue and the lack of memory.

Master and i also had one of those very rare moments this week where we both had enough privacy to be alone, and be together, albeit on the phone. It's funny, because although i am utterly comfortable with Him, He can still make me nervous. "Phone sex" for want of a better phrase, also makes me a bit nervous, especially as it can be so long between these encounters, and i want to just be able to completely let go and submit to Him, knowing that doing so will please Him immensely. At least i don't get that sense of dread that i did the first time. Haha. Thinking about that actually makes me laugh now. It was so good to be with Him though, His voice and accent can drive me insane. Hopefully next week there will be more time. i can't wait...

3 comments:

  1. I get symptoms of fibromyalgia because of the thyroid condition I have. Apparently it's common in people with thyroid problems... if you haven't been tested, maybe you should look into that. I mean if it's a thyroid condition causing it, maybe it can be treated?

    *hugs*

    turiya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey turiya, thank you for commenting. Sorry it's taken so long to realise that you had! i am trying to find new ways of treating it naturally, and still maintain quality of life. Getting there slowly! So, fibro is a secondary issue for you? How do you treat it?

    elle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not being treated for the fibromyalgia... just on hormone therapy for the Hashimoto's, which helps reduce the other symptoms. Hasn't gotten rid of them entirely for me, but it's a hell of a lot more manageable. I don't have to take anything for pain and when I do just ibuprofen helps. Although, I have found that taking an epsom salts bath with a bit of baking soda added to the water once or twice a week helps a great deal too.

    *hugs*

    turiya

    ReplyDelete